First and foremost, thank you for your trust, confidence and the opportunity to serve you. As our nation and community face an unprecedented challenge, all businesses are doing everything possible to ensure the spread of coronavirus is as contained as possible. At Whitewater Group, we are committed to continuing to provide our clients with the tax and accounting services they need.
The IRS and Indiana Department of Revenue have extended both the filing date and balance due payment date until July 15th. This includes estimated payments due on April 15th for the 2020 tax year.
Most of you are aware that from the time we started in business our practice was built for remote work and remote client access. For those that have not taken advantage of the secure portal and digital signature systems, this is a good time to start. We have systems to submit client organizers, tax documents, receive tax returns, filing authorizations, and pay fees online securely.
Due to Governor Holcomb’s Executive Order i.e. “Stay-In-Place” we will not be meeting with clients at any time, effective immediately, until after April 3, 2020; however, since the accounting profession is among those that are exempt from the order we will continue to be working every day to meet your needs.
We want to let you know that everyone at WWG is healthy and we are either in the office or working from home to prepare and transmit tax returns every day. From that perspective, it is business as usual.
IF YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TO THE OFFICE TO BRING IN YOUR DOCUMENTS PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ALTERNATIVES:
- Upload them to your secure client portal. We will help you learn how to do that if you need assistance. Just call the office or email email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Mail your documents to us. We can provide a large, self-addressed mailing envelope to you (we’ll mail it to your house) for that purpose.
- Fax your documents to 317-483-4220.
WHEN YOUR TAX RETURNS ARE COMPLETE, HERE ARE ALTERNATIVES TO RECEIVE THEM:
- Download them from your secure client portal (pdf format).
- Allow us to mail them to you with a return envelope for your electronic filing authorizations
- Sign the electronic filing declaration remotely with our docu-sign system.
We are glad to schedule a teleconference or video conference to discuss your tax return with you and answer any questions you may have.
As circumstance change, we will post updates. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.